Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Welcome!

     So, as part of one of my courses in school this semester  we have to set up and maintain a blog. This is mine! =) My name is Cecilia and the main theme that will present itself in this blog is management and our everyday lives. Hmm, a little bit about myself? Well, I live in the city of New York and recently started my third year in college. I did, however, go to high school in Ohio until I decided that it wasn’t the place for me and moved back to NY. My plan was to major in Accounting but I see myself drifting away from that idea. Hopefully by the end of this semester I’ll have a better idea of what I want my future to look like.
     Back to the blog. The reason I chose the name GIVE MORE TO GET MORE is because from any standpoint, whether it be school or work, it’s clear that the more time and care you give to a particular situation , the more you get back. If you spend enough time studying for a certain class or preparing for a presentation at work than you will receive just as many benefits or praises. In a managerial point of view it is the same idea. If you don’t provide your workers with the right resources, incentive or respect (“give more”) than you can’t expect to receive much (“get more“ or in the case nothing). So in your best interest, give as much effort as you can in your daily lives and without fail you will receive just as much.

4 comments:

  1. Cecelia, i agree with you on your statement give more and you will get more. However, in the work environment sometimes that can be hard to get from people in any position you hold. It depends on the other persons point of view and what they think about their own job and position. Most of the time the ones who suffer with giving more and not getting much is the worker because they fear job loss in some type of way. if only the world could adapt to your statement because its a good one to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree, with you Cecelia, especially with your last statement. That it is in our best interest, even if giving more didn't give us the greatest return, we don't live with a doubt, that we could have done more. Through personal experiences, by giving more people acknowledge that you put your work load on a pedal stool, and reward you, by putting you up there with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    "Give more to get more" sounds almost biblical, nevertheless very true and very optimistic. Putting an effort and time into anything you do will be always rewarding! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's awesome that you were able to attend high school in a different state. I've never been to Ohio but I have heard its nice there. I'm sure New York is a completely different lifestyle but its great to see other places. I am in the same boat with you with the whole accounting thing, I'm not sure it is for me either. Well, follow your dreams and good luck in whatever path you choose.

    ReplyDelete