Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The ABC's of DiSC

     After taking the personal profile system test I wasn’t surprised by my results. It turns out that I am a conscientious manager. This type of manager thinks analytically, they weigh pros and cons, concentrate on key details and are diplomatic with people. I do think that this describes me correctly. I think that someone can probably change their manager/leader type if they really wanted to. However I also believe that your manager/ leader type comes from your personality as well. That’s why I say that a person really must WANT to change the type of manager they are if they plan to do so but I wouldn’t want to be any of the other manager/leader types.
     I do believe it is important to know and understand what type of manager or leader someone is because that way an organization can learn how to use this manager or leader’s skills so that tasks are completed efficiently. Knowing this information can also help in other personal interactions. Employees will know how to better interact with their manager/leader in order to keep working relationships as best as possible. I believe the Personal Profile System Test accurately described me and probably most of the class as well. Having this information will help my classmates and I become more effective managers/leaders in the future.
 

3 comments:

  1. I think it's good to be a conscientious manager because they are very organized, thorough, and get things done right. It's true that your manager type comes from your personality, and that a person can change if they really want to. I agree that this information would be very helpful for personal and professional interactions

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a C person. I agreed with you this test helps to be more effective manager or leader in future. It is also good find out your characteristics of behavior for personal interactions. The more you know about your partner's personal trait the better you could understand each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on the point about your personality reflecting on the type of manager you are. I disagree with the ability to change though. I think that you may be able to change some aspects of the style of management but not the core things. I am a D and some characteristics that the D's have can't be changed.

    ReplyDelete